The award-winning East Tennessee State University Chorale, under the direction of Dr. Alan Stevens, is touring much of the region in early January.
The Chorale is the premier auditioned choral ensemble in the ETSU Department of Music. The ensemble has a long tradition of excellence, including tours both within the United States and abroad. In the summer of 2022, they won the Grand Prix Championship of the Bratislava International Music Agency Competition. Members are selected through a rigorous audition process and must be dedicated to the highest level of artistry. The group performs a variety of styles and genres, ranging from music of the Renaissance to newly composed works to classical to pop.
On Tuesday night the group performed at Jefferson County High School. Jefferson County's Advanced Choir as well as those of Morristown East and Morristown West performed as well.
East High Choir Director Coleman Lowary - an ETSU alum who founded a barbershop group at the school - also performed.
At the end, all of the choirs came together for a performance of Amazing Grace.
- January is National Dog Training Month
- Raise Morale and Increase Retention with Total Compensation Statements
- Celebrating Veterinary Medicine
- Understanding your Experience “Mod” Factor
- Two Tips for Renewing your Property Insurance
- Fighting Cancer In Our Beloved Pets
- National Pets for Veterans Day
- Prevent a Ransomscare
Sign up for our free e-newsletters - delivered straight to your inbox.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Snapshot: 2023 Grammy Awards
- Powerful quake rocks Turkey and Syria, kills more than 2,300
- Stocks slip as worries about high rates weigh on Wall Street
- Tennessee Gov . Bill Lee speaks ahead of the State of the State Address
- Beyoncé emerges as Grammys queen; Styles wins album honor
- Israeli troops kill 5 Palestinian gunmen in West Bank raid
- Biden 2024? Most Democrats say no thank you: AP-NORC poll
- AP News in Brief at 6:04 a.m. EST
Regional Area Events
- One dead in Cocke County crash
- East’s Roberts signs to be preferred walk-on at University of Tennessee
- East’s Ledford to continue playing football at the University of the Cumberlands
- Erik J. Anderson
- Jersey? Sure: Jersey natives Dawn and Lawrence Phillips cater with love
- ‘Food City’ Sweethearts: The story of Greg Skinner and Carolyn Thompson
- West gets first win over Sevier County in four years in overtime thriller
- East’s Adams signs to play football at Carson-Newman
- James E. “Buddy” Wampler Sr.
- In Bloom: The Boys are Still in Town