Hip-hop singer Akon now has his own city: Akon City, located in the West African country of Senegal. He wants it to be like the fictional city of Wakanda in the movie "Black Panther," and will use his digital currency called AKoin.
Get the Citizen Tribune's headlines in your inbox every day at 2:30pm. Sign up for our free daily newsletter.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- BenFred Live: STL sports chat at 11 a.m.
- Coach on Bryant helicopter put "heart and soul" in teaching
- Tribute for Kobe Bryant kicks off Super Bowl media night
- Adebayo's triple-double lifts Heat past Magic, 113-92
- Bethune-Cookman beats S.C. State 78-74 behind Bailey
- Former Husker head coach Pelini returning to LSU as defensive coordinator
- Brooks, Tar Heels beat rival Wolfpack on road 75-65
- Nylander scores in fourth straight, Leafs beat Predators 5-2
- Sutton opts for the electric chair
- Hamblen County man to plead guilty to meth charges
- Hamblen celebrates teachers of the year
- Jones brings 50 years of experience to TCAT Morristown
- Brittain expects groundbreaking for new jail in 2020
- Andrews named GM for new Sevierville waterpark
- Commission resurrects, then tables junkyard resolution
- Jones has seen many changes throughout her life
- Area clerks dealing with REAL ID initiative
- Two Hawkins men charged in crash