One man died in an overnight house fire on Waldo Drive just off Valley Home Road.
74-year-old Parris Seals died of smoke inhalation in the fire, according to information received from Hamblen County Coroner Eddie Davis. An autopsy has been ordered.
The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, along with detectives from the Hamblen County Sheriff’s Office were at the scene conducting an investigation at press time.
The Hamblen County Fire Marshal, as well as a representative from the coroner’s office also responded to the scene.
A witness saw smoke coming from the residence and he called 911 at 6:38 a.m..
There was smoke and heat damage to the home with the fire never reaching the outside of the house.
Fire units from the West Hamblen, North Hamble, South Hamblen and East Hamblen volunteer fire departments, as well as the Hamblen County Emergency Medical Service and deputies from the Hamblen County Sheriff’s Office also responded to the scene.