A Cocke County man sustained minor burns and a large three-car garage, a motor home and a quantity of tools were destroyed in a Wednesday afternoon fire.

Cocke County firefighters say they responded to the Mike Vassar property on Golf Club Drive, in the Golf Course community, at 4:15 p.m. to find the concrete block garage in flames.

Vassar told firemen he was changing the motor home’s fuel pump when the fire began, leaving him with minor burns. The homeowner reportedly was treated at the scene by First Call EMS personnel.

Firemen say the structure was engulfed in flames when they arrived on the scene, resulting in a total loss of the structure and contents. The dollar loss has not been determined. Traffic on Golf Club Drive was detoured for a short time because a fire hose leading from a fire hydrant had to be stretched across the road to reach the fire.