Relatives, friends and members of the local bar gathered Tuesday at the Cocke County Courthouse for the unveiling of the portrait of retired Circuit Court Judge Ben W. Hooper II. He retired in 2018. The event was hosted by the Cocke County Bar Association. The honoree was joined by his granddaughter, Emma Layman, as he watched Newport Chief of Police Maurice Shults unveil the portrait. Today the portrait is hanging in the Cocke County Circuit courtroom.
Get the Citizen Tribune's headlines in your inbox every day at 2:30pm. Sign up for our free daily newsletter.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Peroza, Corona lift GCL Mets over GCL Cardinals in an 11-7 slugfest
- Corcino leads Salem to 12-7 win over Frederick
- ROSEN, A TOP RANKED LAW FIRM, Reminds Helius Medical Technologies, Inc. Investors of Important Deadline in Securities Class Action – HSDT
- Democratic money jitters ease after big second quarter haul
- Boxing champ Pernell Whitaker dies; hit by car in Virginia
- Fox 2000 chief joins Sony after being jettisoned by Disney
- Aries Clean Energy Completes Environmental Permitting for World’s First Large-Scale Biosolids Gasification Facility
- Australian model sentenced for airline flight disturbance
- Two men shot in North Hamblen County
- Red Latern Massacre killer back behind bars
- Morristown native to retire from Marines
- Hamblen County Sheriff's Office looking for "armed and dangerous" man
- New pastor helps shepherd his flock with a chain saw
- Katherine Jean Garber Kennedy
- “Minor” train issue blocks multiple crossings
- Charles L. Collins
- One injured in single vehicle crash in Cocke County
- Couple found guilty in Jefferson kidnapping case