Relatives, friends and members of the local bar gathered Tuesday at the Cocke County Courthouse for the unveiling of the portrait of retired Circuit Court Judge Ben W. Hooper II. He retired in 2018. The event was hosted by the Cocke County Bar Association. The honoree was joined by his granddaughter, Emma Layman, as he watched Newport Chief of Police Maurice Shults unveil the portrait. Today the portrait is hanging in the Cocke County Circuit courtroom.
Get the Citizen Tribune's headlines in your inbox every day at 2:30pm. Sign up for our free daily newsletter.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- No shock: Boks reach World Cup semis with win over Japan
- Lukaku and Martinez each score braces in Inter win
- Clashes amid efforts for Kurd pullout from Syria border town
- Bayern, Germany defender Süle ruptures cruciate in left knee
- Caught up in Trump impeachment, US diplomats fight back
- Pentagon chief says US troops leaving Syria for western Iraq
- Steven M. Sipple: As program's calm 'quarterback,' Frost must find way to bowl eligibility
- The Latest: No shock as Boks reach semis with win over Japan
- Rogersville man conquers the Appalachian Trail
- Elevar Announces Results from the ANGEL trial, a study of Monotherapy Rivoceranib (Apatinib) in Late-Stage Gastric Cancer Patients
- Fundraiser for Grainger girl battling cancer set for Friday
- Jeremy Michael Sturm
- Judy Carol Stuart
- Vada Nester
- Brian Wampler
- Jody Lynn Futrzynski
- Jail committee members express sticker shock at 34-cent tax increase
- Rocky Top Horror