Each Throwback Thursday the Citizen Tribune shares a photo from the formative years of the G.I. Generation. Born from 1901 to 1926, the G.I. Generation is also known as the Greatest Generation that won World War II. The core values of the G.I. Generation were leading honorably and dreaming big. The G.I. Generation was molded by the first World War, the Roaring ’20s and a time of massive growth, expansion and technological wonders. They were ordinary Americans who accomplished extraordinary things and oversaw growth that built the most powerful middle class in the nation’s history. The leaders of the G.I. Generation believed in character, togetherness, humility and compassion.
Get the Citizen Tribune's headlines in your inbox every day at 2:30pm. Sign up for our free daily newsletter.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
HVAC Service Technician must have superior knowledge of HVAC/R systems both residential and light commercialAbility to perform all physical activities associated with HVAC/R servicingA good driving record and current driver's licenseNATE Certified is a PlusAbility to pass a criminal backgrou…
- MacKinnon reaches 500 points as Avalanche top Kings 3-2
- Asian markets gain on hopes Biden will act on economy, virus
- Frozen Fish and Seafood Market Heading Toward New Normal Registering a CAGR of 10% During 2020-2024 | Technavio
- Trump pardons ex-strategist Steve Bannon, dozens of others
- CGTN : en Chine, la saison des sports d’hiver bat son plein à l’approche des Jeux olympiques d’hiver de 2022
- Indian village cheers for Harris before swearing-in as US VP
- EXPLAINER: Election claims, and why it's clear Biden won
- Netanyahu courts Arab voters in election-year turnabout
Local Area Events
Regional Area Events
- Former Hamblen County Sheriff Otto Purkey dies
- Arrest made in theft from Merchants Greene worksite
- Chance of A Lifetime: Ramaprasad arranges strings, brings sounds of local fiddle legend to Chance the Rapper’s record
- Otto Purkey
- Speeding stop leads to interstate drug arrest
- Health department booking Phase 1a1 and 1a2 vaccinations
- Oaklynn Renea Nicole Fingleman
- Authorities seeking Cosby man
- Authorities seeking information in shooting
- Jeffery Scott Winstead