Each Generation X-File Friday the Citizen Tribune shares a photo from the formative years of Generation X. Born from 1965 to 1981, coming on the heels of the Boomer Generation, there were 58,541,842 children born into Generation X. The formative years of Generation X, from the 1970s through the year 2000, were marked by extreme highs and extreme lows. Generation X was marked by a rise in opportunities for women and minorities but also skyrocketing divorce rates, time-poor parents and a mobile society that affected Generation X’s ability to put down roots. The core values of Generation X are self reliance/independence, cynicism/distrust and being disengaged. Generation Xers are also the family first generation, placing more value on time with their own families than their parents did.
Get the Citizen Tribune's headlines in your inbox every day at 2:30pm. Sign up for our free daily newsletter.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Crye-Leike recognized
- Cards' Yadier Molina says he tested positive for COVID-19
- Sistemas de mapeamento de última geração da YellowScan empregam sensores da Velodyne Lidar para suprir as necessidades de profissionais de pesquisa
- Annual Sturgis rally expecting 250K, stirring virus concerns
- Huge explosions rock Beirut with widespread damage, injuries
- COVID-19 Impacts: Express Delivery Market in Europe Will Accelerate at a CAGR of Almost 4% Through 2020-2024 | Increase in Cross-border Trade Within Europe to Boost Growth | Technavio
- 'Too many are selfish': US nears 5 million virus cases
- COVID-19 Impacts: Compliance Training Market for Financial Institutions in the US will Accelerate at a CAGR of almost 15% through 2020-2024|Rising Need for Skilled Employees to Boost Growth| Technavio
- Perry: Multiple teachers, counselors and support staff members test positive for COVID
- Hamblen County Mayor to issue mask mandate
- West AJ Fastop to be torn down, rebuilt with Dunkin Donuts
- Newport McDonald’s to undergo big changes over three months
- Armed murder suspect shot and killed by MPD officers
- Update: MPD officers shoot and kill armed murder suspect
- East Tennessee Diamond bounces back from temporary closure before hitting pause
- Newport Utilities discover federal investigation under way
- School Matters: An update on the school year calendar and more
- Hawkins delays start of schools until Aug. 17