Firefighters were on scene Wednesday afternoon to a fire on Croxdale Road that completely destroyed a shed or small barn.
The fire occurred around 5 p.m. and South Hamblen and West Hamblen volunteer fire departments responded. By 5;30 p.m., the flames had died out and the rest of the building lay smoldering.
South Hamblen Volunteer Fire Department Chief Kevin Jarnagin said the fire is still under investigation. He said he did not know the cause of the fire or what was inside the building. No one was injured in the fire.