Each Throwback Thursday the Citizen Tribune shares a photo from the formative years of the G.I. Generation. Born from 1901 to 1926, the G.I. Generation is also known as the Greatest Generation that won World War II. The core values of the G.I. Generation were leading honorably and dreaming big. The G.I. Generation was molded by the first World War, the Roaring ’20s and a time of massive growth, expansion and technological wonders. They were ordinary Americans who accomplished extraordinary things and oversaw growth that built the most powerful middle class in the nation’s history. The leaders of the G.I. Generation believed in character, togetherness, humility and compassion.
Get the Citizen Tribune's headlines in your inbox every day at 2:30pm. Sign up for our free daily newsletter.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- AP FACT CHECK: Trump misleads on mail ballots, virus vaccine
- AP PHOTOS: In flash, Beirut blast tore up thousands of homes
- Berkshire Hathaway Inc. News Release
- Cherokee Lake Levels
- Douglas Lake Levels
- At least 8 soldiers dead in blast outside Somali army base
- Biden risks alienating young Black voters after race remarks
- West AJ Fastop to be torn down, rebuilt with Dunkin Donuts
- Hamblen County Mayor to issue mask mandate
- Armed murder suspect shot and killed by MPD officers
- MPD asks for help locating woman
- East Tennessee Diamond bounces back from temporary closure before hitting pause
- School Matters: An update on the school year calendar and more
- Hawkins delays start of schools until Aug. 17
- West High football practices on hold after player tests positive
- Hamblen County election results (Final)
- Sethi stumps in Morristown before election