Each Throwback Thursday the Citizen Tribune shares a photo from the formative years of the G.I. Generation. Born from 1901 to 1926, the G.I. Generation is also known as the Greatest Generation that won World War II. The core values of the G.I. Generation were leading honorably and dreaming big. The G.I. Generation was molded by the first World War, the Roaring ’20s and a time of massive growth, expansion and technological wonders. They were ordinary Americans who accomplished extraordinary things and oversaw growth that built the most powerful middle class in the nation’s history. The leaders of the G.I. Generation believed in character, togetherness, humility and compassion.
Get the Citizen Tribune's headlines in your inbox every day at 2:30pm. Sign up for our free daily newsletter.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Excellent Career Opportunity for a highly motivated, result orientated individual with a proven track record in recruiting and delivering exceptional customer service!
The Mountain View District of The United Methodist Church is seeking applicants for full-time or part-time administrative assistance positions in its Morristown office. The applicants must be of good character; have excellent communication and organization skills; have proficient skills in …
- NRG Energy Reports Achievement Across its Comprehensive Sustainability Program in 2020, Reaching New Milestone on Net-Zero Emissions Goal
- Russian ship fires warning shots at UK warship in Black Sea
- Edmunds picks the top convertibles for 2021
- Hungary's PM uses soccer to push vision of right-wing Europe
- Nation’s Leading SEL Company Move This World Launches New Content to Support PreK-12 Students Process the Impact of COVID19
- EU says UEFA has no 'excuse' for blocking rainbow protest
- Samaranch: China winter sports growing ahead of Olympics
- Israel approves demolition of Palestinian home after attack
Local Area Events
Regional Area Events
- Teen faces charges in shooting incident, Morningside homicide
- Here There Be Monsters: Monster Burger opens in Morristown
- Morristown woman harms self while in custody
- Four arrested in Claiborne drug raid
- Rogersville man found dead in Greeneville creek
- After 34 years, Scott Knight retires from UPS
- Nearly 200 pot plants seized, Bybee man charged
- Cosby man arrested in domestic incident
- Search continues for missing girl
- TBI: Search continues for missing girl