Each Generation X-File Friday the Citizen Tribune shares a photo from the formative years of Generation X. Born from 1965 to 1981, coming on the heels of the Boomer Generation, there were 58,541,842 children born into Generation X. The formative years of Generation X, from the 1970s through the year 2000, were marked by extreme highs and extreme lows. Generation X was marked by a rise in opportunities for women and minorities but also skyrocketing divorce rates, time-poor parents and a mobile society that affected Generation X’s ability to put down roots. The core values of Generation X are self reliance/independence, cynicism/distrust and being disengaged. Generation Xers are also the family first generation, placing more value on time with their own families than their parents did.
Get the Citizen Tribune's headlines in your inbox every day at 2:30pm. Sign up for our free daily newsletter.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Morristown Hamblen EMS is hiring! Make a difference in your community! We have great pay, 12-hour shifts, 70% paid health insurance, retirement, 9 paid holidays.
- Disaster Recovery Journal Launches DRJ Spring 2021: A New Era of Resiliency
- 'Running angry': Trump attacks Dr. Fauci, press and polls
- uAvionix Files FAA TSO Application for World’s First Certified Drone Transponder
- New STEMscopes Distance Learning Tools Assist Educators and Students with Virtual Instruction in Math, Science, and STEM
- MACCO Restructuring Group, LLC Announces the Addition of David Weinhoffer as Houston Managing Director
- Automotive Battery Testers Market | Increasing Lifespan of Vehicles to Emerge as a Key Driver | Technavio
- Vizient Announces Expansion of Supplier Diversity Program to Include Businesses Owned by People from LGBT, Disabled Communities
- Wickr Appoints Global Security, Defense Leaders to Federal Advisory Board to Guide Company’s Federal Strategy and Expanding Footprint
- Several charged after attack in Hamblen jail
- Educator, Rebecca Jane’s owner, dies after battle with brain tumor
- Woman pleads guilty after assault on officer
- Two Sneedville residents face numerous drug charges
- Elderly Morristown woman injured in crash
- Bulls Gap woman charged with trio of charges
- Harbor of Hamblen facing surprise $150K debt
- Morristown man faces heroin charges
- Woman wanted out of Texas arrested in Morristown
- Greene meth dealer gets 15 years in prison