The Blue Springs Historical Association, in association with the First Tennessee Development District, announced the approval of a Tennessee Historical Commission Preservation Grant totaling $28,548.
This competitive grant was awarded to fund the first phase of a program to protect and restore the historically significant Blue Springs Lutheran Church. The building, constructed in 1893, is the only building in Mosheim listed in the National Register of Historic Places.
The grant funds will be used to stabilize the structure and make its foundation level. Over the course of the building’s history, the foundation has settled to such an extent that this step must precede any future restoration efforts. This project will ensure that the Blue Springs Church will remain a fixture in Mosheim and Greene County for years to come. Future plans include updates to the heating and cooling systems, restoration of the steeple and windows, and replacement of the church’s steps.
For more information, contact Gray Stothart at firstname.lastname@example.org.