October is National Cybersecurity Awareness Month. During this annual event, business leaders come together to raise awareness about the importance of cybersecurity. This year’s campaign theme is, “Do your part. #BeCyberSmart.”
It’s crucial for businesses—no matter how large or small—to stay cyber-secure in order to safeguard company data, protect customers’ personal information and ensure employee privacy. Here’s how you can do your part to foster organizational cybersecurity.
1. Establish policies to promote cybersecurity.
2. Educate your employees and train them to notice a cyber threat and how to avoid them.
3. Implement smart software, like spam filters, firewalls, and anti-virus and malware programs.
4. Enforce access controls to allow only trusted and qualified individuals access to sensitive data.
5. Bolster business continuity by backing up your data frequently.
6. Have a cyber incident response plan to minimize potential losses in the event of a cyber attack.
Remember, no one is immune from a cyber attack. Stay alert. Stay Aware. And #BeCyberSmart.