Welcome to this week's Hurricane Watch, where we pride ourselves on making sure every parent, student, and staff here at Mo’East is kept up to date with important events and information.
On Friday, Jan. 22 all high school students will be released at 11:15 a.m. for early dismissal. Students will only attend their 1st and 2nd period classes during this time to take their exams. Junior and senior students at Morristown East who are taking dual enrollment classes through Walters State Community College will return to their second semester classes on Tuesday, Jan. 19. For further information, contact Kayla Huber at email@example.com.
We will be on a regular schedule beginning on Monday with live classes. Students are to attend these classes either in person or online. There are to be no asynchronous classes during this time.
Students, time is quickly running out to order your 2021 East High yearbook. Very few extra books are ordered by the school after the pre-order deadline on Friday, Jan. 22. Any extras are sold on a first come, first serve basis during the spring. There are no guarantees that there will still be books available at distribution in May; please do not rely on this as an option. If you have already ordered your student’s 2021 yearbook, thank you for your support of the East High yearbook department.
Order now to ensure that your student has a yearbook this spring. There are three ways to order.
1. The easiest and quickest way to order is to go to the Balfour website, www.balfour.com. Select your school and order your yearbook. A confirmation receipt is sent directly to your email address.
2. Order by phone - call the Balfour Call Center at 800-225-3687.
3. Order from Mrs. McClellan in room 226 using cash. You may even pay in installments. Pay $25 down and pay the balance before spring break. This way you are guaranteed a book.
The following are EOC and Benchmark test dates for Mo’East students; also listed are class exams:
• HS EOC Benchmark 2 – Jan. 18 – 22
• Geometry & Algebra II Extended Time Math Subpart 2 - Monday, Jan. 18
• Algebra II Honors Benchmark II Exam- Tuesday, January 19
• Geometry & Algebra II Extended Time Math Subpart 3 -Tuesday, Jan. 19
• EOC Makeups - Wednesday, Jan. 20
• US History Benchmark - Wednesday, Jan. 20
• High School Exams 3rd and 4th Period - Thursday, Jan. 21
• High School Exams - Friday, Jan. 22
Virtual students, the school nutrition program with the Hamblen County Department of Education is pleased to announce our curbside meal bag pick up for virtual students beginning Wednesday, Jan.20. This will include all optional virtual students. Meal bags will be offered weekly. They will be packaged with seven days of breakfasts and lunches to be prepared at home. Storage and heating instructions will be included for your convenience. Each bag will contain a variety of grains, vegetables, fruit and protein. We will also be providing a half-gallon of Mayfield milk with each bag. We are able to offer these meal bags, at no cost, to our virtual students and siblings in the home age 18 and under. One bag will be given to each child. Meal pick up times for East High School will be 10 – 11 a.m. at the cafeteria side of the building at the glass doors. If you have children in more than one school, indicate below where you would prefer to pick meals up. For further information contact Katherine Brady at 423-585-3816 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. It is expected that if you order a bag, you pick it up at the assigned time.
Jackie Robinson Scholarship - Award: Up to $30,000 over 4 years - Eligibility: Graduating senior who shows leadership potential, demonstrates a dedication to community service, present a financial need, and have a composite ACT score of 21 or higher. Apply at http://www.jackierobinson.org/apply - Deadline: February 2021
East Tennessee Foundation Scholarship Opportunities - All scholarships are available at www.etf.org/scholarships. All scholarship applications must be completed and submitted online. - Deadline: February 2021
Basketball at Sevier Co - Tuesday, Jan. 19
Basketball at Cosby - Friday, Jan. 22
Any questions, call the school at 423-586-2543.