Citizen Tribune

Follow Us On:

Things to know in Morristown

Posted on Tuesday, September 11, 2012 at 10:53 am

Unless otherwise stated, the area code for all contacts is 423.

City Information: 581-0100.

City Address: 100 W. 1st North Street, Morristown,TN 37814

Morristown Police Department (nonemergency): 585-2710

Morristown Fire Department (nonemergency): 585-4657

Fire Marshal Eual Noah: 585-4657

Who do I call for local cable television questions? Morristown Utility Systems FiberNET: 586-4121. Charter Communications: 866-472-2200, 581-2633 or 586-6977.

Who do I call about employment opportunities? 5 Rivers Career Center: 317-1060

How do I get my electrical power turned on and whom do I call if I have problems? Morristown Utility Systems: 586-4121.

Who do I call to report a power or water outage? Morristown Utility Systems: 586-4121.

Where can I obtain Food Stamps? Department of Human Services: 585-1444.

Who will provide water to my home and how can I receive service if I have problems? Morristown Water Systems: 586-4121.

Who do I call about my city sewer hookup? Plumbing inspector Greg Ellison: 585-4627; 585-1830.

How do I get information about the legal issues relating to the construction or renovation of a home or business? City engineer: 585-4620.

How do I get information on building permits or building inspection within city limits? Chief building inspector:  585-4626

Who do I call with a question concerning property zoning? Director of Community Development and Planning: 586-3291.

Who do I call if I have questions about my taxes? City Clerk: 585-4607.

Where can I payMorristownreal estate and personal property taxes? Morristown City Center or city government’s Web site,

How can I get information on garbage pick-up or brush retrieval inside the city limits? Morristown Public Works Department: 585-4658.

Who do I call if my child is interested in playing in a youth league sport? MorristownParksand Recreation Department: 586-0260.

How can I reserve a picnic area at a park? Morristown Parks and Recreation Department: 586-0260.

Who can I contact about strays or animal owner’s regulations? Morristown-Hamblen Humane Society: 581-1494; 585-0366.

How can I get in contact with Morristown Mayor Danny Thomas? Work: 585-4603 Any questions for the mayor may be directed to the Action Center link on city government’s Web site,

Who is my Council member and how do I contact them? Ward 1 – Bob Garrett: 586-6564. Ward 2 – Chris Bivens: 581-3139. Ward 3 – Kay Senter: 586-8380. Ward 4 – open. At-large – Paul LeBel: 581-6797. At-large – Gene Brooks: 318-8475.

How can I find out more information about housing in Morristown? Morristown Housing Authority: 586-5115.

How can I gather information about participating in the city and county recycling efforts? City and county crews provide pickup on a weekly schedule. Plastics, glass, aluminum, and newspaper may be combined in separate blue bags and placed near the curb. Weekly schedule: Keep Morristown-Hamblen Beautiful, 586-6422. Recycling details: Goodwill Industries 586-6514.

Where can I get a passport? Hamblen County Circuit Court clerk’s office in the Justice Center: 586-5640.

Where do I call to get a marriage license? Hamblen County Court clerk: 586-1993.

Where do I call to get a birth or death certificate? Tennessee Department of Vital Records: 615-741-1763 or Hamblen County Health Department: 586-6431.

How do I get a library card? Morristown-Hamblen Library: 586-6410.

Who can I call for advice on removing an animal that has become lodged or has nested in unwanted areas of my home? Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency: 587-7037.

Where do I go if I am interested in adopting a pet? Morristown-Hamblen Humane Society: 581-1494.

What school district will my child attend and what is the school schedule? Hamblen County school system: 586-7700.