Tennessee Career Center of Talbott plans numerous workshops
The Tennessee Career Center at Talbott plans more than 30 free workshops in April to help individuals looking for a job. The center is an American Jobs Center and all workshops are free. The center is located in the Alpha Square Shopping Center on West Andrew Johnson Highway. Classes planned this month are:
• Budgeting Basics — April 9, from 2 to 3 p.m.
• Ex-Offender Job Readiness Workshop — April 8, 15, 22 or 29, from 10-11 a.m.
• C o m p u t e r Literacy, Mouse Practice — April 18, from 1 to 1:30 p.m.
• Basic Computer Literacy — April 18, from 1:30 to 4:30 p.m.
• Job Readiness (job search, resumes and cover letters, interviewing techniques, and impressive applications) — April 17, from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
• Job Preparation Series (communication and assertiveness; attitude and self-esteem; job keeping skills) — April 10, from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. or April 18, from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
• Navigating Online Job Banks — April 24, from 9 a.m. to noon.
• E l e c t r o n i c (online) Employment Applications — April 25, from 9:30 to 11 a.m.
• C o m p u t e r Literacy: Electronic Slide Presentations — April 11, from 9 to 11:30 a.m.
• C o m p u t e r Literacy: E-Mail Basics — April 9, from 9 to 10:30 a.m. or April 24, from 1 to 2:30 p.m.
• C o m p u t e r Literacy: Internet Basics — April 9, from 10:30 a.m. to noon or April 24, from 2:30 to 4 p.m.
• C o m p u t e r Literacy: Electronic Publishing — April 10, from 1:30 to 4 p.m. or April 23, from 1:30 to 4 p.m.
• C o m p u t e r Literacy: Electronic Spreadsheets — April 11, from 1:30 to 4:30 p.m. or April 23, from 9 a.m. to noon.
• C o m p u t e r Literacy: Electronic Note Management — April 16, from 9 a.m. to noon or April 30, from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m.
• C o m p u t e r Literacy: Electronic Note Management — April 30, from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m.
The center offers a resource lab with computers, printers and fax machines that job seekers can use at no charge. The Tennessee Department of Labor and Workforce Development, the Division of Vocational Rehabilitation, Tennessee Technology Center, Adult Education Program, Walters State Community College Workforce Investment Act and other organizations are represented at this one location to make the process of finding a job more convenient. All services are free to anyone who is at least 18 years old.
While the workshops are free, reservations are required. To make reservations or to learn more, please call the Tennessee Career Center at Talbott at 423-317-1078.