Pilgrimage at Historic Rugby
September 29, 2012 @ 2:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Historic Rugby opens its fall season of events by welcoming visitors to homes and historic buildings not usually seen by the public. Saturday, Sept. 29, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., visitors will be able to tour more than 20 buildings in the village, including both new homes in the historic district and historic private homes.
“This is a rare opportunity for our visitors to get a peek inside some very special and beautiful homes and enjoy an early fall day in the village,” said Mike Harris, Historic Rugby’s Executive Director.
Ingleside, Oak Lodge, and Ruralia, homes built by the original colonists, will be opened for tour this year. Also, a special visit to Uffington House, home of Madame Hughes, will be available. For the first time, visitors will be able to tour all of Uffington House. Also on hand will be crafters in the Commissary Store and special live music in the café for lunch. Admission is $12.00 for adults and $6.00 for K-12 students with groups of 12 or more adults admitted for $10.00 each.
For more information or lodging reservations, please phone Historic Rugby toll free at (888) 214-3400 or locally at (423) 628-2441 or email email@example.com.
Historic Rugby, an award-winning membership organization, has worked since 1966 to preserve and interpret for the public the 1880 British village founded by author and statesman Thomas Hughes. Historic Rugby provides daily tours and other programming, lodging, and dining at the Harrow Road Café. Located on SR 52, Historic Rugby is the southern gateway to the Big South Fork National River and Recreation Area.